SOAP WAS FOUNDED BY JOHN ROOKS, A CULTURAL THEORY NERD AND WHALE LOVER.
John has a 20-year career in sustainability working internationally helping progressive companies engage employees, supply chains and other stakeholders in matters of sustainability and risks related to climate change.
He blogs at EcoHegemony: a philosophy of sustainability.
He speaks and writes frequently for conferences and magazines. A list of recent topics include:
- LOHAS, Language and the Mainstream
- Punk Rock and Greenwashing
- Activating a Heroic Brand
- Authentic Language in Non-Profit Marketing
- Language as Social Control
- Being a Sustainability Punk
- The Language of Sustainability
- Authorship’s Role In Society
- Transparency in Advertising
- Fringe Language
- Cultural Theory and Sustainability
- Authenticating Real
Everyone has a TedX talk. Here is John's: